Were you talking about ME in your blog?

This is now the second time in a year or so where someone has personally confronted me (this time not quite directly, but kinda) about something I wrote in my blog. This time it was in response to a post about services.

A friend of someone who apparently thinks they know the unnamed developer in the post sent me a personal email telling me to stop lambasting said individual on my blog. Additionally, I got a few comments on my blog from people who apparently used to work in my organization about how dysfunctional we are and it's all because of a single person who's a jerk.

First, My post was my perspective and perhaps it was perceived that I was being too hard on a teammate, but I certainly wasn't suggesting that I had no blame. (it takes two people to have an argument)

Second, While that post was spawned by a specific situation that happened, my perspective was formed after working with many people and having a similar communication problem. Just so we're clear, a lot of what's in my blog is not necessarily 100% fact for fact true. Often I change names and situations in order to protect innocent bystanders. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes folks see right through it.

Third, It's MY blog guys, ranting about a developer who doesn't seem to "get it" doesn't mean that developer doesn't get it. It means that, from my perspective, they don't get it.

All that having been said, I sincerely appreciate the time folks took to comment. Even if you're calling me an ignorant jackass, at least you're communicating and taking the time to think about my perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Push versus pull deployment models

the myth of asynchronous JDBC

Installing virtualbox guest additions on Centos 7 minimal image